DEVELOPMENT OF THE WABCO 353FT TWIN ENGINE ELEVATING SCRAPER
Development of the WABCO 353FT Twin Engine Elevating Scraper for surface mining applications is an example of advancements being made in mining equipment technology. The 353FT optimizes benefits of various scraper configurations by combining the ability to work under adverse conditions, due to its all-wheel drive, with large capacity and the self-loading feature of an elevating scraper. Important design features are twin matched driveline components between tractor and scraper power trains, an improved hydraulic system, an adequate scraper bowl design, and an efficient elevator system. Versatility is the key in the 353FT design. Designed to tackle tough jobs, the scraper incorporates features of a high production machine with those of a fine finishing tool. The 353FT is an economical production tool for both mining and construction industries.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/01487191
- Presented at SAE Off-Highway Vehicle Meeting and Exposition, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 11-14 September 1978.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Hurst, C G
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Construction equipment; Design; Excavating equipment
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design features; Scrapers (Construction equipment)
- Subject Areas: Design; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00399021
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 780774, HS-025 589U
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 31 1985 12:00AM