WHY HYDRAULIC SHOVELS--MINING
The hydraulic shovel as a primary loading tool in mines and quarries is compared to more conventional equipment used to date in the North American market, such as cable shovels and large wheel loaders. History of hydraulic shovels, their concept and their place in the mining industry are discussed, as are the applications for which they are best suited because of their performance, mobility, and production and economic considerations. A comparison is made to alternative loading methods.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/01487191
- Presented at SAE Earthmoving Industry Conference, Central Illinois Section, Peoria, Illinois, 10-12 April 1978.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Hoeft, R J
- Rokahr, D F
- Publication Date: 1978
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Hydraulic equipment; Loaders
- Old TRIS Terms: Shovels
- Subject Areas: Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00395880
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 780450, HS-025 494U
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Jul 31 1985 12:00AM