THREE-WHEELED ATV--A NO-SUSPENSION RIGID RIDER SYSTEM, PART I: MODELING AND PARAMETER VALUES
This paper presents the dynamical equations of motion governing a six degrees-of-freedom mathematical model of a three-wheeled all-terrain vehicle/rigid-rider system. The parameter values associated with two commercially available three-wheeled all-terrain vehicles, a 1980 Honda ATC 110D and a 1980 Kawasaki KLT 200, are presented. In addition, tire properties such as non-rolling vertical stiffness, cornering stiffness and damping ratio for a 22x11-8 Ohtsu tire and a 22x11-8 Goodyear tire are given. These parameter values are used to simulate the motions of the vehicle/rider system with the results presented in Part II.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/01487191
- International Off-Highway and Powerplant Congress and Exposition, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, September 10-13, 1984.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Tan, T E
- Huston, J C
- Publication Date: 1984
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Damping (Physics); Equations; Mathematical models; Stiffness; Three wheeled vehicles; Tires
- Subject Areas: Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00395746
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 841058, HS-038 270
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Jun 30 1985 12:00AM