SURVEILLANCE ASPECTS OF THE ADVANCED AIR TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Three topics with impact on the performance of Air-to-Satellite-to-Ground Systems for Air Traffic Control Surveillance are addressed in detail: (1) vulnerability to intentional jamming, (2) performance degradation due to the multiple access noise which results from uncoordinated aircraft transmissions, and (3) tracking techniques for improved surveillance accuracy and reduced short-term outages.
Lincoln LaboratoryMassachusetts Institute of Technology
Lexington, MA USA 02173
Transportation Systems Center55 Broadway, Kendall Square
Cambridge, MA USA 02142
- Schneider, K S
- Stiglitz, I G
- Eckberg, A E
- Publication Date: 1972-6-22
- Pagination: 220 p.
- TRT Terms: Accuracy; Advanced automation system (Air traffic control); Air traffic control; Noise; Tracking systems; Traffic surveillance; Transmissions
- Uncontrolled Terms: Tracking
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Environment; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00080968
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ATC-10 Proj. Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-TSC-241
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 6 1975 12:00AM