PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS OF ANTHROMORPHIC DUMMY JOINTS
Three commercial anthropomorphic dummy joint assemblies have been evaluated for uniformity of torque response, repeatability, and angular velocity sensitivity. Description of test method and data reduction procedures are presented. Numerical criteria are proposed to characterize the performance of coulomb friction joint designs. A brief discussion of effects of applied torques external to the plane of motion is also included.
- Final Technical Report.
National Highway Safety AdministrationSafety Research Laboratory
Riverdale, MD United States
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Haffner, M P
- Melton, C H
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 75 p.
- TRT Terms: Anthropometry; Crash injury research; Crashes; Dummies; Joints (Engineering); Research; Testing
- Old TRIS Terms: Joint
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00080961
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 6 1975 12:00AM