ANTHROPORMORPHIC TEST DUMMY. VOLUME II. DESIGN, DEVELOPMENT AND PERFORMANCE
The report, Volume II of III, describes the design, development, and testing activities in the development of the anthropomorphic test dummy. The system tests used to assess the test dummy's repeatability and reproducibility (R and R) are discussed. Also, the need for rigorous test procedures and equipment for evaluating R and R is identified. Test performance shows that achieved R and R as evaluated by the head and chest Sl's have a coefficient of variation of less than five percent. The test dummy's design is described including anthropomorphic and biomechanical consideration. Component biomechanical and hardware test procedures, equipment and test results are presented.
- Paper copy also available in set of 3 reports as PB-237655-SET, PC $17.00.
General Motors Technical CenterWarren, MI United States 48090
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Pagination: 405 p.
- TRT Terms: Anthropometry; Crash injury research; Crashes; Design; Dummies; Injuries; Maintainability; Research; Testing equipment
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00080957
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-299-3-569
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 6 1975 12:00AM