TREAD DESIGN STUDY OF 9.00R20 RADIAL PLY TIRES
The report is published to disseminate the detailed data and results of a test of eight groups of 9.00R20 tires that were considered to be candidates for military use. Two of the tire groups were radial ply tire carcasses that were retreaded with a TACOM proposed tread design. The data sources were engineering tests performed by Nevada Automotive Test Center at its test facilities. The analysis methodology used was direct comparison of test results which were combined in rank order by level of comparative performance.
Nevada Automative Test CenterCarson City, NV USA 89701
Army Tank-Automotive CommandWarren, MI USA 48090
- Dobbins, J E
- Publication Date: 1974-7
- Pagination: 251 p.
- TRT Terms: Braking; Military transportation; Radial ply tires; Tire treads; Tires; Traction; Vehicles
- Old TRIS Terms: Radial tires
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00080948
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DAAE07-73-C-0242
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 6 1975 12:00AM