ON-ROAD BRAKING AND CORNERING PERFORMANCE OF VARIOUS OFF-ROAD TIRE PATTERNS
Ten sets of tires with nine different off-road tread patterns were tested on a paved surface using a towed, instrumented trailer to measure their cornering characteristics (wet and dry) and their braking performance (wet, full skid). The data obtained and a method for rank ordering is presented.
- Final Technical Report.
Stevens Institute of TechnologyDavidson Laboratory, Castle Point Station
Hoboken, NJ USA 07030
Army Tank-Automotive CommandWarren, MI USA 48090
- Ehrlich, I R
- Wray, G
- Nazalewicz, J
- Publication Date: 1974-6
- Pagination: 144 p.
- TRT Terms: All terrain vehicles; Braking; Skidding; Tire treads; Tires; Traction
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00080947
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: SIT-DL-74-1727 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DAAE07-73-C-0189
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 6 1975 12:00AM