EVALUATION OF THE BRAZILIAN RUN-FLAT TIRE
This test program was conducted by the Nevada Automotive Test Center during the months of April through June 1974 to determine the dynamic characteristics of a combat tire system manufactured in Brazil. The 9.00-16 bias ply tires were tested on the M715, 1 1/4 ton vehicle. Dynamic traction, rolling resistance, lateral stability and braking tests were run on wet asphalt surfaces using a standard military nondirectional mud and snow bias ply tire of the same size as a control. A 5000 mile durability test over paved, secondary and cross-country surfaces and a series of 25 mile run-flat missions concluded the dynamic phase of the program. Static spring rates and footprint analyses rounded out the test program.
- Record URL:
Nevada Automative Test CenterCarson City, NV United States 89701
Army Tank-Automotive CommandWarren, MI United States 48090
- Dobbins, J E
- Publication Date: 1974-7
- Pagination: 35 p.
- TRT Terms: Braking; Military transportation; Skidding; Tires; Traction; Vehicles
- Old TRIS Terms: Flatness
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00080946
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DAAE07-74-C-0109
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 6 1975 12:00AM