OPEN TUBE GUIDEWAY FOR HIGH SPEED AIR CUSHIONED VEHICLES
This invention is a tubular shaped guideway for high-speed air-cushioned supported vehicles. The tubular guideway is split and separated such that the sides of the guideway are open. The upper portion of the tubular guideway is supported above the lower portion by truss-like structural members. The lower portion of the tubular guideway may be supported by the terrain over which the vehicle travels, on pedestals or some similar structure.
- Misc-Filed 26 January 1972 Supersedes N72-20253 (10-11, p 1452). Government-owned invention available for licensing.
Langley Research CenterNational Aeronautics and Space Administration
Hampton, VA United States 23665
- Goering, R S
- Publication Date: 0
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Air cushion vehicles; Groundwater; Guideways; High speed ground transportation; High speed vehicles; Intelligent transportation systems; Speed; Tracked air cushion vehicles
- Old TRIS Terms: Advanced systems; Air cushion; Groundwater investigation
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00080944
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Patent-3 837-285
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 6 1975 12:00AM