NON-DESTRUCTIVE TESTING OF CONCRETE
In an effort to find the pulse velocity of concrete cubes and establish relationships between these velocities and the corresponding cube crushing strength, concrete cubes were tested by the portable ultrasonic non-destructive digital indicating tester (Pundit). The presicion with which ultrasonic test results can be used to predict cube strength was also examined. Details are outlined of the three groups of 15x15x15 concrete cube specimens, and the results of the pulse velocity values are plotted against corresponding crush strength values on a semi-log scale. The method of least square analysis was applied to represent the mathematical relationship between the pulse velocity values and their corresponding crushing strength.
Ministry of Public Works, JordanBuilding Material Research Center
- SHARIF, R L
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Concrete; Crushing; Cubes; Forecasting; Least squares method; Mathematical analysis; Nondestructive tests; Pulses; Strength of materials; Ultrasonic tests; Velocity
- Uncontrolled Terms: Pulse velocity
- Subject Areas: Highways; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00080921
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 6 1975 12:00AM