HERBICIDES FOR WEED CONTROL UNDER HOT-MIX ASPHALT PAVEMENTS
The recommendation is made that herbicide treatment of the subgrade be included as a bid item to be exercised by the owner at any time there is a possibility that live grass, roots or seeds will be incorporated in the subgrade. The best weed control results are obtained when herbicide is mixed with the subgrade and watered for activation. Details of the application are outlined, and test results on herbicides, their mode of action, and general information about industrial herbicides are reviewed.
Safety Council, Incorporated425 North Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL United States 60611
- Publication Date: 1974
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Asphalt; Grain size (Geology); Herbicides; Hot mix asphalt; Maintenance; Subgrade (Pavements); Weed control
- Subject Areas: Highways; Maintenance and Preservation;
- Accession Number: 00080818
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Info. Series No. 51
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 6 2001 12:00AM