URBAN TRANSPORTATION IN SOUTH FLORIDA
The proceedings are presented of a forum for debate of transportation problems in the South Florida urban region especially pertaining to the urban centers of Miami-Ft. Lauderdale-Palm Beach. The forum of public officials, planners, business leaders and citizens suggested and debated recommendations on policy and facility. The results of the discussions indicate that decision-making by both public and private sectors is being undertaken within a new and broadened context requiring major participatory format. Among the urban transportation aspects considered are, the planning process, public transportation as a solution to the transportation problem, urban pollution, congestion and mobility, and the social- economic integration of diverse population groups.
- Proceedings of the South Florida Urban Transportation Forum.
University of Miami, Coral GablesRyder Program in Transportation
Coral Gables, FL United States 33124
- Publication Date: 1974-2-15
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 107 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pollution; Decision making; Private enterprise; Public participation; Public transit; Socioeconomic factors; Traffic congestion; Transportation planning; Urban transportation
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society;
- Accession Number: 00080813
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 6 1981 12:00AM