THE DRAFT NEW ZEALAND STANDARD SPECIFICATION FOR TRAFFIC SIGNALS
The changes introduced in the draft N. Z. Specification for Traffic Signals are discussed concerning the raising of signal light intensities, lowering the warrants for pedestrian signals away from intersections, redefining allowable signal arrow displays, increasing detector distances and altering the sections on coordination, temporary traffic control at roadworks and intersection capacity estimates.
- Presented to the Traffic Engineering Group, New Zealand Institution of Engineers Conference, 1973.
Ministry of Transport, New Zealand38-42 Waring Taylor Street, P.O. Box 3175
Wellington, New Zealand
- Clissold, C M
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Arrows (Signals); Highway capacity; Intersections; Pedestrian actuated controllers; Pedestrian phase; Specifications; Traffic control; Traffic signals; Vehicle detectors; Warrants (Traffic control devices)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Intensity; Intersection capacity
- Old TRIS Terms: Arrow (Traffic control)
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00080804
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Safety Council Safety Research Info Serv
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 26 1975 12:00AM