ISUZU NEW 8.4L DIESEL ENGINE
A new series of 6 cylinder direct injection 8.4 liter diesel engines have been designed by Isuzu Motors Limited. Naturally aspirated, turbocharged and turbocharged-aftercooled versions, have been developed to meet the needs of 8 to 16 ton GVW commercial vehicles, as well as industrial and marine applications. These engines cover the range of 147-200 kw (195-270HP) output. The design objectives for these engines included such features as high output, better fuel economy, high reliability and durability, as well as minimum weight and cost. This paper deals with the design, development and performance aspects of these engines.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/01487191
- International Congress and Exposition, Detroit, Michigan, February 25-March 1, 1985. Reprinted from SP-615, New Diesel Engines.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Okino, M
- Okada, K
- Abe, M
- Publication Date: 1985
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Development; Diesel engines; Durability; Engine performance; Engines; Fuel conservation; Fuel injection; Reliability; Research; Trucks; Turbochargers; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Old TRIS Terms: Direct injection engines; Engine design; Truck engines; Turbocharging
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Motor Carriers; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00399128
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 850258 Reprint, HS-038 837
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 30 1985 12:00AM