GREY SCALE VISION APPLICATION FOR ROBOTIZED DEPALLETING OF RANDOMLY ORIENTATED CYLINDER BLOCK CASTINGS FROM STACKED PALLETS
This paper consists of comments on a series of slides on robotized depalletting. The slides cover the following: planning concept; quality of worklife; economy considerations; technical aspects; a schematic drawing of the depalletting application; a layout of the system as now designed; the design of the control/sensor system; the highly complex task of the sensor-guided robot system; a closeup of the monitor of the IBS vision system with a cylinder block detected; and the hardware design of the IBS vision system.
- ISATA 84, "In Pursuit of Technical Excellence". Proceedings Volume 2. International Symposium on Automotive Technology and Automation with particular reference to Vehicle Management Systems and Flexible Manufacturing Systems, Milan, Italy 24-28 September 1984.
Automotive Automotion Limited42 Lloyd Park Avenue
Croydon CRO 5SB, Surrey, England
Alfa Romeo Auto SpAMilan, Italy
- Siegfried, W
- Publication Date: 1984
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobile industry; Cylinder blocks; Machine vision; Manufacturing; Robots
- Old TRIS Terms: Depalletting
- Subject Areas: Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00399974
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: ISATA 84100, HS-038 514
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 30 1985 12:00AM