THE ROLE OF THE ASEA IRB 90 S FUNCTION PACKAGE FOR SPOT WELDING IN FLEXIBLE MANUFACTURING SYSTEMS
The use of spot welding robots is well established in the automotive industry. ASEA has developed a function package for spot welding including a robot and the necessary interfacing and welding equipment, within the limits of the welding gun attachment flange, the ground bolts, the service connections and the interfacing signal connections. This equipment package gives consistent welding quality, no interfacing problems such as delays in communication between robot and welding timer, fast and efficient commissioning, low running costs and high uptime. The different interpretations of flexibility considered in the design of the ASEA IRB 90S function package are briefly discussed. The package is described, an economic evaluation of its function is made and an example of its implementation is given.
- ISATA 84, "In Pursuit of Technical Excellence". Proceedings Volume 2. International Symposium on Automotive Technology and Automation with particular reference to Vehicle Management Systems and Flexible Manufacturing Systems, Milan, Italy 24-28 September 1984.
Automotive Automotion Limited42 Lloyd Park Avenue
Croydon CRO 5SB, Surrey, England
Alfa Romeo Auto SpAMilan, Italy
- Granstedt, O
- Publication Date: 1984
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobile industry; Economic conditions; Economic impacts; Flexibility; Manufacturing; Robots; Spot welding
- Subject Areas: Economics; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00399961
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: ISATA 84085, HS-038 501
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 30 1985 12:00AM