PRODUCTION INTEGRATED SYSTEMS: TWO APPLICATIONS FOR AUTOMOTIVE COMPONENTS
Starting from intrinsic characteristics of the products, from the available technologies for their manufacture, from the range/quality problems, we aimed at a study which could give an example of manufacturing two automotive components morphologically and functionally different from each other, by using a constructive solution philosophically identical for both. The objective is the achievement of a system having the following characteristics: flexibility (at least within the product family); management simplicity (automatic and complete informatics); intrinsic reliability (minimum maintenance, operational simplicity); and quality (static, dynamic and automatic functional control, with data transmission for production statistic). The study is therefore comprehensive of: complete plants layout in which is indicated the possibility of modularity for the investment breaking-up; the operating cycle sequences with the individuation of the relevant main characteristics; the description of the selected informative system network; the overall hourly cost level and its incidence on the product; and the overall validity of our choices (breakeven point).
- ISATA 84, "In Pursuit of Technical Excellence". Proceedings Volume 2. International Symposium on Automotive Technology and Automation with particular reference to Vehicle Management Systems and Flexible Manufacturing Systems, Milan, Italy 24-28 September 1984.
Automotive Automotion Limited42 Lloyd Park Avenue
Croydon CRO 5SB, Surrey, England
Alfa Romeo Auto SpAMilan, Italy
- Padella, M
- Ciabatti, E
- Pontanari, P
- Braccini, G
- Publication Date: 1984
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobile industry; Flexibility; Integrated systems; Manufacturing; Production; Quality control; Reliability; Vehicle components
- Uncontrolled Terms: Integration
- Subject Areas: Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00399953
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: ISATA 84076, HS-038 493
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 30 1985 12:00AM