RESEARCH ON THE DYNAMIC BEHAVIOUR OF A SEDAN CAR BODY TO DEFINE ITS INFLUENCE ON THE ACOUSTIC COMFORT
Goal of the research was to search out the knowledge of the dynamic behaviour of a saloon car body, in order to understand how to improve the acoustic comfort. Special attention was devoted to the second harmonic of the engine. In the purpose to reduce the cost of the research, after a first measurement of the unmodified vibrational characteristic of the car, the whole work was done on a trimmed body, using artificial excitation techniques. An electrodynamic exciter driven by white noise, hammer shock and a couple of loudspeakers were used.
- ISATA 84, "In Pursuit of Technical Excellence". Proceedings Volume 2. International Symposium on Automotive Technology and Automation with particular reference to Vehicle Management Systems and Flexible Manufacturing Systems, Milan, Italy 24-28 September 1984.
Automotive Automotion Limited42 Lloyd Park Avenue
Croydon CRO 5SB, Surrey, England
Alfa Romeo Auto SpAMilan, Italy
- Giussani, G
- Pecchioli, M
- Poncini, G F
- Publication Date: 1984
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Acoustics; Comfort; Dynamic tests; Motor vehicle bodies; Vibration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile bodies
- Subject Areas: Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00399936
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: ISATA 84058, HS-038 476
- Files: HSL, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 30 2001 12:00AM