IS THE PLACING OF OFFICES NEAR RAILWAY STATIONS A DESIRABLE DEVELOPMENT?
IS DE VESTIGING VAN KANTOREN NABIJ STATIONS EEN GEWENSTE ONTWIKKELING?
During the past decade offices have been built in the vicinity of major public transport stations. This development has been stimulated by the different authorities from the point of view that it could lead to a high use of public transport in commuter traffic. This research mainly deals with the effectiveness of the policy. The research has been carried out by means of interviews of personnel in offices near the railway station in The Hague. The residential areas, the transport modes used, the possibilities of choice, considerations influencing such a choice-part-time work, before and after transport, journey time, parking situation, age and sex, weather, accessibility, tariff, and personal characteristics are Mentioned. (TRRL)
Provinciale Planologische Dienst Zuid HollandKoningskade 1
The Hague, Netherlands
- Publication Date: 1984-8
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 74 p.
- TRT Terms: Accessibility; Age; Choice models; Customers; Fares; Federal government; Females; Gender; Human beings; Interviewing; Local government agencies; Location; Office buildings; Personnel; Policy; Policy analysis; Public transit; Rail transit stations; Railroad stations; Ridership; Time; Transportation modes; Weather; Work trips; Workplaces
- Uncontrolled Terms: Criteria; Vicinity
- Geographic Terms: Netherlands
- Old TRIS Terms: Intracity; Placement; Time factor
- ITRD Terms: 9139: Accessibility; 1757: Age; 183: Government (national); 9147: Interview; 621: Journey to work; 192: Local authority; 9061: Location; 1787: Man; 8078: Netherlands; 102: Personnel; 173: Policy; 744: Public transport; 1095: Station (railway); 1145: Transport mode; 393: Vicinity; 1788: Woman; 300: Workplace
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Public Transportation; Society; Terminals and Facilities; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00399615
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute for Road Safety Research, SWOV
- Report/Paper Numbers: Monograph
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 30 1985 12:00AM