1972 NATIONAL TRANSPORTATION STUDY. POPULATION PROJECTIONS BY STATES, URBANIZED AREAS AND OTHER GEOGRAPHIC AREAS
The report, tabulated from demographic data in support of 1972 National Transportation Report, provides the user with population projections by state, urbanized areas and small urban, and rural under 1990 Boundaries. Because 1990 Boundaries are the basis for National Transportation Requirements, the 1960 and 1970 population detail is adjusted for those areas less than 50,000 persons, but which would contain such population by 1990, and are therefore treated as urbanized areas. Totals for urbanized areas may not be consistent to Census totals for these reasons but agree with state control totals and national aggregates.
Department of TransportationOffice of Systems Analysis and Information, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1973-5
- Pagination: 60 p.
- TRT Terms: Census; Population forecasting; Rural areas; Transportation planning; Urban areas; Urban transportation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Data and Information Technology; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00080655
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Mar 6 1981 12:00AM