DYNAMOMETER SIMULATION OF TRUCK AND BUS ROAD HORSEPOWER FOR TRANSIENT EMISSIONS EVALUATIONS
The relationship between engine power and speed associated with vehicle operation on a roadway (speed-power relationship) was developed for two truck tractor-trailers and one city bus. Results of these determinations, along with data reported in the literature, were used to determine the power to be absorbed by a chasis dynamometer to simulate on-road driving of trucks and buses. The chassis dynamometer simulations are being used in tests to characterize emissions from heavy-duty vehicles.
Southwest Research Institute6220 Culebra Road, P.O. Drawer 28510
San Antonio, TX United States 78228-0510
- Urban, C M
- Publication Date: 1985-1
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Buses; Dynamometers; Exhaust gases; Simulation; Testing; Tractor trailer combinations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Duty cycles
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00399562
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: EPA/600/D-85/011
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 30 1985 12:00AM