GUIDELINES FOR PLANNING, DESIGNING AND OPERATING PARK-AND-RIDE LOTS IN TEXAS
As park-and-ride facilities are being developed in Texas, the information presented in this guide assists transit officials, transportation planners, traffic engineers and other decision-makers involved in the planning, designing and implementation of these new facilities. Included in the guide is information on the following subject areas: A brief history of the development of park-and-ride in the U.S. and Texas; Characteristics of users and non-users of park-and-ride; Characteristics of the park-and-ride market area; Guidelines for locating and sizing park-and-ride lots; Park-and-ride demand estimation procedures; Important and unimportant features of park-and-ride; and Design guidelines for park-and-ride facilities.
Arlington, TX United States 76011
- Bullard, D L
- Christiansen, D L
- Publication Date: 1983-10
- Pagination: 184 p.
- TRT Terms: Demand; Design; Implementation; Park and ride; Parking facilities; Ridesharing
- Uncontrolled Terms: Capacity; Design criteria
- Geographic Terms: Texas
- Subject Areas: Design; Public Transportation; Research; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00399556
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TTI-2-10-74-205-22F, THWATX-84/27+205-22F
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 30 1985 12:00AM