FEDERAL AID HIGHWAY ACT OF 1981. HEARINGS BEFORE THE SUBCOMMITTEE ON TRANSPORTATION OF THE COMMITTEE ON ENVIRONMENT AND PUBLIC WORKS. UNITED STATES SENATE, NINETY-SEVENTH CONGRESS, FIRST SESSION
The Hearings are reported on 2 Bills: (1) S.841--the bill to authorize appropriations for the construction of certain highways in accordance with title 23 of the United States code to amend the Highway Safety Act of 1966 to authorize appropriations, and for other purposes; and (2) S.1024--the bill to authorize appropriations for the construction of certain highways in accordance with title 23 of the United States code, and for other purposes. The opening statements of the Hon. Jennings Randolf, Hon. Robert Stafford, and the Hon. Steve Symms are presented, followed by the statements of witnesses on April 29, 1981, April 30, 1981, June 10, 1981 and June 19, 1981. Additional material is presented and includes the following: A program for America's Highways in the 80's (AASHTO); Total Transportation Financial Needs during the next decade (American Transportation Advisory Council); position paper of the National Governor's Association; and the South Dakota Department of Transportation letter relating to Highway 212 closing to Senator Abnor.
- Hearings before the Subcommittee on Transportation, April 29, 30, June 10, and 19, 1981.
United States CongressSenate Committee on Environment and Public Works
Washington, DC United States 20510
- Publication Date: 1981
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 938 p.
- TRT Terms: Appropriations; Federal government; Hearings
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Highways; Law; Society; I10: Economics and Administration;
- Accession Number: 00399481
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: 97-H15
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 25 2004 1:42AM