A REPORT ON TRANSPORTATION NEEDS IN NORTH CAROLINA
Information was gathered from interviews with transportation industry representatives and state government officials and from a review of existing documentation of planning studies. This information was used to analyse the transportation needs of North Carolina. It will be used as a basis for the development of transportation policy. Freight, passenger and highway transportation are examined along with selected transportation issues, financing of transportation, public participation, the relationship of different transportation modes and transportation with other public services and the impact of transportation on society.
- This report is in response to Joint Resolution 511 to the 1971 Session of the General Assembly of North Carolina.
North Carolina State Department of AdministrationState Planning Division
Raleigh, NC United States
- Publication Date: 1973-4
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 53 p.
- TRT Terms: Financing; Freight transportation; Highway transportation; Needs assessment; Public participation; Social factors; Transportation; Transportation planning; Transportation policy
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Society; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00080630
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 6 1975 12:00AM