DEVELOPMENT OF A FLUIDIC ANTILOCK BRAKE SYSTEM FOR MOTORCYCLES-PHASE III
A mechanical/fluidic sensor was designed, built, and tested. The input to the device is angular acceleration or deceleration and the output is a pneumatic pressure signal which is related to the time rate of change of acceleration. The sensor, intended for use in an antilock brake system for motorcycles, performs satisfactorily. Recommendations for further development are included.
- Task 7834, WY31.
Garrett Turbine Engine Company402 South 36th Street
Phoenix, AZ United States 85043
Harry Diamond Laboratories2800 Powder Mill Road
Adelphi, MD United States 20783
- THURSTON, J F
- Publication Date: 1982-6-11
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 53 p.
- TRT Terms: Antilock brake systems; Antilock brake systems; Fluidics; Motorcycles
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment; I91: Vehicle Design and Safety;
- Accession Number: 00399238
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: 41-3359A Final Rpt., HS-806 404
- Contract Numbers: N00019-78-G-0288
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Sep 30 1985 12:00AM