A PSYCHOLOGICAL ANALYSIS OF OPERATORS INVOLVED IN FATAL MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENTS.
This Intermediate Report includes the results from the Boston Special Study Accident Investigation Team which has been researching the human factors associated with the most responsible operators involved in fatal motor vehicle accidents in the greater Boston area since September 1971. The areas of primary interest presented in these findings include: basic demographic statistics; psychosocial, physiological and legal history evaluations; an analysis of historical and focal alcohol, marijuana and other drug use patterns; and human factors associated with the focal accident. This report includes the findings on 175 most responsible accident operators. The forthcoming Final Report will present detailed results on all 300 operators included in this research.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/FinalReportNo2
Boston UniversityTraffic Accident Research Project
Boston, MA USA 02215
- Sterling-Smith, R S
- Publication Date: 1974-11
- Features: References; Tables;
- Pagination: 41 p.
- TRT Terms: Drugs; Drunk drivers; Drunk driving; Fatalities; Human factors; Psychological aspects; Social factors
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Society;
- Accession Number: 00080624
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Highway Safety Research Institute
- ISBN: Final Report No. 2
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT HS-801 267 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-310-3-595
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 27 1975 12:00AM