TEST SLED SIMULATION OF CRASH INDUCED YAW AND PITCH
This paper deals with the design concepts and development of a sled test compartment which exhibits yaw and pitch displacements and a function of the applied sled deceleration pulse. It outlines the programs in which it was developed and notes the qualitative differences encountered when testing with these additional motions as opposed to testing with a fixed sled compartment. /SAE/
- Presented at the 3rd International Conference on Occupant Protection.
New York, NY USA 10017
- JORDAN, A
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Collisions; Crash injury research; Impact tests; Pitch (Dynamics); Research; Simulation; Testing; Yaw
- Old TRIS Terms: Sleds
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00080620
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 740587, SAE P-53
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 6 1975 12:00AM