BASIC RESEARCH IN CRASHWORTHINESS II. (VOLUME 15). COMPARISON OF TELEDYNE-GEOTECH CRASH RECORDER DATA AND ACCELEROMETER DATA
This report presents a limited comparison of accelerations measured using conventional strain gage accelerometers and a newly developed self-contained crash recorder designed to record accelerations. The test data were obtained on vehicle-to-pole and vehicle-to-vehicle impacts. An addendum to this report was prepared by NHTSA personnel under the authority of the Contract Technical Manager and is included herein. Significant data reduction errors of disc crash recorder data (that data which was compared with Calspan accelerometer data in this report) were eliminated by using new encoding equipment. Data reduced with this new equipment are compared with Calspan accelerometer data in this addendum.
Calspan Corporation4455 Genesee Street
Buffalo, NY United States 14225
- Trenka, A R
- Publication Date: 1974-4
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 111 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceleration (Mechanics); Accelerometers; Coding systems; Crashworthiness; Data collection; Data reduction; Impact tests; Strain gages
- Old TRIS Terms: Coding; Data recording
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00080608
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Safety Council Safety Research Info Serv
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT HS-800 873 Intrm Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-7622
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 6 1975 12:00AM