PROCEEDINGS: NINTH INTERNATIONAL FORUM ON TRAFFIC RECORDS SYSTEMS ST. PAUL, MINNESOTA JULY 18-21, 1983
The Ninth International Forum on Traffic Records Systems has as its objective the promotion of information interchange among those who operate or use traffic records systems in support of highway safety programs. The principal disciplines represented by those who attended were law enforcement, motor vehicle administration, traffic engineering, and public health. Among the new developments discussed at the 1983 Forum and presented in these Proceedings was the increasing use of microcomputers to make more effective use of the various kinds of data in traffic records systems. The need to link data files to increase their usefulness, and the obstacles to such linkage, were also discussed. One problem which was highlighted was the impact of budget-imposed reductions in police accident reporting on traffic engineering efforts to identify and correct hazardous highway segments or features.
- Forum was conducted in cooperation with National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Federal Highway Administration, American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators, Transportation Research Board's Committee on Traffic Records and Accident Analysis, National Association of Governor's Highway Safety Representatives, International Association of Chiefs of Police, Institute of Transportation Engineers, American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials and Minnesota Safety Council.
National Safety Council444 North Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL United States 60611
- Publication Date: 1983
- Pagination: 358 p.
- TRT Terms: Administration; Law enforcement; Microcomputers; Public health; Records management; Traffic engineering
- Uncontrolled Terms: Traffic records
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Finance; Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00399037
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-038 240
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 31 1985 12:00AM