THE DEVELOPMENT OF GUIDES FOR TEACHER PREPARATION IN DRIVER EDUCATION
This report describes the development of guides for teacher preparation in driver education. Two separate guides were prepared, one covering the preparation of secondary school driver education teachers and one covering preparation of professional driving school instructors. The development of both teacher preparation guides involved a four step process. The first step, Analysis of Instructional Requirements entailed an analysis of both the highway transportation system and the instructional system, public and private, to identify responsibilities imposed upon the driver education teacher. This led to the second step, Establishment of Instructional Objectives, in which the performances, skills, and knowledges required of the driver educator in meeting his instructional requirements were identified. The third step involved the actual Preparation of Guides, that is, the preparation and assembly of materials needed to fulfill the instructional objectives. The final step, Evaluation, involved a large scale review of the guides by representatives of the secondary school and professional driving school communities.
Human Resources Research Organization International, Incorporated66 Canal Center Plaza, Suite 400
Alexandria, VA USA 22314
- McKnight, A J
- Publication Date: 1974-5
- Features: Figures; References;
- Pagination: 30 p.
- TRT Terms: Driver performance; Driver training; Drivers; Driving instructors; Guides to information; Highway transportation; Personnel performance; Professional personnel
- Old TRIS Terms: Guides
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00080604
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Safety Council Safety Research Info Serv
- Report/Paper Numbers: DOT HS-801 131 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-7602
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 6 1975 12:00AM