ROAD-TRAFFIC-ACCIDENT INJURIES TREATED AT THE EMERGENCY ROOM, ODENSE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL. STATISTICAL REPORT 1981
PERSONSKADER OPSTAAET VED TRAFIKULYKKER BEHANDLET PAA SKADESTUEN, ODENSE SYGEHUS. STATISTISK RAPPORT 1981.
The tables and figures of this report are all based on information collected by the public accident statistics register run by the Accident Analysis Group. The register combines relevant data from the Danish Natinal Bureau of Statistics and the Hospital Department of the County of Funen. The report concerns the people who in 1981 were treated at the emergency room of Odense University Hospital after having been involved in a road traffic accident. Throughout the report the definition of a traffic accident is consistent with that used by the Danish Bueau of Statistics, namely "an accident taking place in an area covered by the traffic law and where at least one vehicle has been involved directly or indirectly". The catchment area of Odense University Hospital includes a population of about 230000 people. 72.4% of all registered traffic accident victims were residents of odense municipality in 1981. The abbreviated injury scale (1980 revision) of the American Association for Automotive Medicine was used to rank trauma severity. The pods-scale (probability of death scale) developed by Ronald E. Somers has been used. Based on the two highest assigned severity scores and the victim's age and sex this scale gives a meaningful calculation of the probability of death. For the description of injury the body has been divided into 10 regions: brain, head, neck, chest, spine, abdomen, pelvis, arms, legs, skin.
- English translations off captions of tables and figures are included. (TRRL)
Odense UniversityAccident Analysis Group, Campusvej 55
- Publication Date: 1983-7
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 42 p.
- TRT Terms: Age; Building codes; Crash analysis; Crashes; Cyclists; Drivers; Emergencies; Fatalities; Females; First aid; Gender; Helmets; Hospitals; Human beings; Injuries; Injury severity; Motorcyclists; Pedestrians; Protective clothing; Statistics; Structural design; Traffic crashes; Travelers
- Uncontrolled Terms: Setback line
- Geographic Terms: Denmark
- ITRD Terms: 1643: Accident; 1757: Age; 1687: Crash helmet; 1742: Cyclist; 8028: Denmark; 1772: Driver; 2184: Emergency; 1602: Fatality; 2175: First aid; 2177: Hospital; 2163: Injury; 1787: Man; 1752: Motorcyclist; 1733: Pedestrian; 1755: Road user; 1623: Severity (accid, injury); 6555: Statistics; 1788: Woman
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Law; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Safety and Human Factors; Society; I81: Accident Statistics; I84: Personal Injuries;
- Accession Number: 00396869
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Transport and Road Research Laboratory (TRRL)
- Report/Paper Numbers: Monograph
- Files: ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 31 1986 12:00AM