LUBRICATED CONE PENETROMETER FOR QUANTIFYING THE SOIL PHYSICAL CONDITION
The cone penetrometer has for many years been used to characterize soils in terms of cone index in tillage, trafficability and soil-plant interaction studies. The instrument is highly portable and makes possible many measurements in relatively short period of time. It has, therefore, been used widely to characterize soils where variation is often considerable.
- From the Proceedings of the International Conference on the Performance of Off-Road Vehicles and Machines (8th), Volume 3. Held at Cambridge, England, on August 5-11, 1984, AD-A150 653, pp1171-1187.
University of Georgia, ExperimentGeorgia Experiment Station
Experiment, GA United States
- Tollner, E W
- Publication Date: 1984-8
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Cone penetrometers; Measuring instruments; Penetrometers; Properties of materials; Soils
- Uncontrolled Terms: Soil properties
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; I41: General Soil Surveys;
- Accession Number: 00396785
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 28 1986 12:00AM