MICROWAVE SENSOR FOR THE TRAFFICABILITY STUDIES OF SNOW
In winter conditions snow is an important mobility factor and studies into the vehicle snow mobility are being intensified. Outside the field of transportation, snow properties are widely studied for predicting spring floods. Helsinki University of Technology is actively involved in these studies and a new tool for measuring snow properties has been developed. This paper discusses the use of a microwave sensor in measuring snow properties for mobility evaluation.
- From the Proceedings of the International Conference on the Performance of Off-Road Vehicles and Machines (8th), Volume 3. Held at Cambridge, England, on August 5-11, 1984, AD-A150 653, pp1165-1170.
Dar es Salaam University,
- Publication Date: 1984-8
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Loam; Measurement; Properties of materials; Sensors; Snow; Trafficability
- Subject Areas: Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Materials; I62: Winter Maintenance;
- Accession Number: 00396784
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 28 1986 12:00AM