RESEARCH ON ROAD CONSTRUCTION AND ROAD TRAFFIC TECHNIQUES,
FORSCHUNG STRASSENBAU UND STRASSENVERKEHRSTECHNIK, HEFT 385, 1983
The report presents a study on the influence of the raising of the sppeeds and acceleration of vehicles on the design speed. An effort was made to elaborate an alignment hypothesis for a variable design speed with surveys on developments of vehicle engineering and the acceleration and speed of passenger cars on highways. A comparison of codes of practice on an international level produced mathematical statements on gemetrical design with variable speeds in the Australian and Swiss codes of practice.
Bundesminister fuer Verkehr, Abteilung StrassenbauBonn-Bad Godesberg, Germany
- Publication Date: 1983
- Pagination: 54 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceleration (Mechanics); Design speed; Geometric design; Motor vehicles; Speed; Traffic speed
- Uncontrolled Terms: Increase
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00396767
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 28 2000 12:00AM