RESEARCH ON ROAD CONSTRUCTION AND ROAD TRAFFIC TECHNIQUES, VOL 399, 1983
FORSCHUNG STRASSENBAU UND STRASSENVERKEHRSTECHNIK, HEFT 399, 1983
Improvement requirements and improvement standards in the highway network are essentially dependent on the quality demands which are placed ont he highway traffic network. The current quality demands placed in professional planning are specified in the code of practice for the design of regional highway networks in the form of projected travel speeds. The present study deals with reasoning and support of these specified quality levels within the framework of an extensive stocktaking. A prerequisite for this is the illustration of the relationships and connections in the highway network which are relevant to regional planning policy. These finally determine its regional functions for which the quality expressions are to be determined.
Bundesminister fuer Verkehr, Abteilung StrassenbauBonn-Bad Godesberg, Germany
- Publication Date: 1983
- Pagination: 72 p.
- TRT Terms: Highways; Improvements; Networks; Policy; Roads; Standards
- Uncontrolled Terms: Criteria; Road networks
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Policy; I71: Traffic Theory;
- Accession Number: 00396765
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 28 1986 12:00AM