RESEARCH ON ROAD CONSTRUCTION AND ROAD TRAFFIC TECHNIQUES, VOL 393, 1983
FORSCHUNG STRASSENBAU UN STRASSENVERKEHRSTECHNIK, HEFT 393, 1983
The report presents a study on the influence of oil and oil-binding agents on the transfer of traction power between tire and road. Oil leakage as a result of accidents is cleaned up by means of gritting with oil-binding agents. It is not clear whether the original pavement skid-resistance is restored by this treatment or whether the tire adhesion is reduced for either a longer period or even permanently. This report outlines fundamental investigations carried out and results.
Bundesminister fuer Verkehr, Abteilung StrassenbauBonn-Bad Godesberg, Germany
- Publication Date: 1983
- Pagination: 71 p.
- TRT Terms: Adhesion; Binders; Chemical agents; Petroleum; Rolling contact; Skid resistance; Spills (Pollution)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Removal
- Old TRIS Terms: Binding; Spillage
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Geotechnology; Highways; Pavements; Safety and Human Factors; I25: Design of Tunnels;
- Accession Number: 00396753
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 28 1986 12:00AM