SPEED/VOLUME RELATIONSHIPS ON TEXAS HIGHWAYS
The data collected statewide indicates a linear relationship between speed and volume over a wide range of volumes for freeways, and multilane rural highways. The slope of the speed/volume curve is nearly horizontal. For 2-lane rural and all urban highways, the slope of the speed/volume curve is a function of a number of factors which in many cases also results in a linear speed/volume curve.
- See also PB84-229087.
Arlington, TX United States 76011
- Urbanik, T
- Publication Date: 1984-4
- Pagination: 63 p.
- TRT Terms: Freeways; Rural highways; Traffic speed; Traffic surveys; Traffic volume; Urban highways
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; I71: Traffic Theory;
- Accession Number: 00396746
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: TTI-2-8-82-327-2F, FHWA-TX84-24+327-2F
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Feb 28 1986 12:00AM