HIGHWAY TRAFFIC NOISE. 1970 - FEBRUARY 1985 (CITATIONS FROM THE NTIS DATA BASE)
This bibliography contains citations concerning the generation and control of highway traffic noise. Sources, including exhaust systems, engine noise, and road surfaces, as well as the utilization of barriers forrnoise suppression are discussed. Demonstration program evaluations, enforcement aspects, and noise reduction assessment methods are considered. The use of mathematical models in noise reduction analyses, and noise emission regulations are also presented. Citations pertaining specifically to noise generation and control in central city areas are excluded. (This updated bibliography contains 270 citations, 24 of which are new entries to the previous edition.)
- Supersedes PB83-804781.
Alexandria, VA United States 22312
- Publication Date: 1985-2
- Pagination: 227 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Emission control systems; Engines; Exhaust gases; Mathematical models; Measurement; Noise; Surface course (Pavements); Traffic noise
- Old TRIS Terms: Engine noise
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00396736
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 28 1986 12:00AM