MANUAL FOR THE PLANNING AND DESIGN OF BICYCLE FACILTIES IN URBAN AREAS
The purpose of this report is to assist planners in the planning and design of safe, desirable and economical bicycle facilities in urban areas of South Africa. This report firstly contains general background information on the cyclist and his mode of transport, the bicycle. Secondly, the basic planning procedure is discussed followed by recommendations on design standards. Finally, the construction of bicycle facilities as well as traffic control and related facilities is dealt with.
- Technical Professional CIRE 3/82. Summary in Afrikaans.
Land Transport Directorate, South AfricaPlanning Division
Pretoria, South Africa
- Publication Date: 1982-5
- Pagination: 91 p.
- TRT Terms: Bikeways; Design standards; Guidelines; Manuals; Traffic control; Urban areas
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Planning and Forecasting; Society; Terminals and Facilities; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00396735
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: U-12/7/4/47
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 28 1986 12:00AM