TIRE/ROAD NOISE. COMPARISON OF ROAD AND LABORATORY MEASUREMENTS AND INFLUENCE OF SOME TIRE PARAMETERS ON GENERATION OF SOUND
The report is concerned with external noise emitted by passenger car tires. A special trailer for measurements on the roads and on a roadwheel facility was built. The drum of the roadwheel was covered with a replica road surface. Analyses of correlations between road and laboratory measurements were performed. As the correlation coefficients generally were high, it was concluded that it is possible to replace road measurements by laboratory ones. A special program for correction of laboratory data to represent road measurements was prepared. Some results of noise measurements are presented, for example influence on noise of tire belt stiffness, tire size, tire pressure, tire load and tire nonuniformities.
- Corporate Authors:
- Ejsmont, J A
- Publication Date: 1982
- Pagination: 47 p.
- TRT Terms: Loads; Manual safety belts; Measuring instruments; Pressure; Rolling contact; Simulation; Size; Sound level; Standardization; Stiffness
- Old TRIS Terms: Belts
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Pavements; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00396721
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: VTI-244A
- Files: TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Feb 28 1986 12:00AM