ACCIDENTS AT URBAN JUNCTIONS: CONFLICT TYPES AND INJURY CONSEQUENCES
OLYCKOR I TAETORTSKORSNINGAR: KONFLIKTTYPER OCH SKADEFOELJD
The study is based on accidents notified to the police during the years 1975-1979 at 231 junctions in nine larger urban areas in Sweden. The purpose of the study was to describe how the proportions off the accidents are distributed according to different conflict types (direction of approach of the vehicles and their intended direction of travel) for various types of junctions and with different regulation and traffic flows. In addition, the study sought to describe how the injury consequences (the number of injured and killed per accident) vary with junction type and regulation, conflict type and traffic flows.
- Corporate Authors:
- CEDERSUND, H A
- Publication Date: 1983
- Pagination: 53 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash analysis; Injuries; Intersections; Traffic congestion; Traffic control; Traffic crashes; Traffic flow; Urban areas
- Subject Areas: Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Safety and Human Factors; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00396719
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: VTI/MEDDELANDE-362
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 28 1986 12:00AM