DRINKING DRIVERS. 1979-MARCH 1985 (CITATIONS FROM THE NTIS DATA BASE)
This bibliography contains citations concerning the effects of alcohol ingestion on motor vehicle usage behavior, and programs designed to curb alcohol abuse on the highways. Topics include effects of legal drinking age specification on traffic accident occurrence, testing techniques and their legality, including visual and chemical methods, deterrence strategies, public awareness programs, and rehabilitation efforts. Considerable attention is given to descriptions and effectiveness of the Alcohol Safety Action Project (ASAP) undertaken by a number of cities in the United States. Some consideration is given to the combined effects of drugs and alcohol on driver behavior. (This updated bibliography contains 274 citations, 39 of which are new entries to the previous edition.)
- Supersedes PB83-803668.
Alexandria, VA United States 22312
- Publication Date: 1985-3
- Pagination: 237 p.
- TRT Terms: Behavior; Bibliographies; Blood alcohol levels; Driver rehabilitation; Drivers; Drugs; Drunk drivers; Drunk driving; Legal drinking age
- Identifier Terms: Alcohol Safety Action Program
- Uncontrolled Terms: Rehabilitation
- Old TRIS Terms: Asap (Alcohol safety action program)
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; I83: Accidents and the Human Factor;
- Accession Number: 00396716
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 28 1986 12:00AM