ISSUES IN METROPOLITAN PASSENGER TRANSPORT: A DISCUSSION PAPER
The long-term determinants in the demand for transport are: population, real disposable income, real fares, service levels and motor car ownership. Resolution of current issues in metropolitan public transport are planned in order that the future system operates with a degree of efficiency and equity at least equal to that at present.
South Australia Director General of TransportVictoria Square
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
- Publication Date: 1984-11
- Pagination: 33 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobile ownership; Demand; Economic efficiency; Equity (Justice); Fares; Income; Level of service; Passenger transportation; Population; Urban transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Efficiency
- Geographic Terms: Australia
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation; Society; I72: Traffic and Transport Planning;
- Accession Number: 00396559
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 31 1985 12:00AM