THE CFF: ADMINISTRATION OR BUSINESS CONCERN?
SBB-VERWALTUNG ODER UNTERNEHMUNG?
In his speech given to the Society for National statistics and Economics in Basle, Mr. Latscha, Chairman of the CFF Board, made it clear that it would be false to answer "business" concern in unqualified terms to the question "CFF: Administration or business concern?" There were too many links with the Federal Government and Parliament for that and too many ways in which they could exert their influence. However the Federal State could encourage the CFF to develop along the lines of a business concern by granting them greater freedom of action, setting up the legal framework for task-sharing and assuming its own responsibilities.
Swiss Federal RailwaysGeneraldirektion, Hochschulstrasse 6
CH 3030 Bern, Switzerland
- Latscha, W
- Publication Date: 1984-11-19
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Businesses; Economic conditions; Policy; Politics; Private enterprise; Transportation policy
- Identifier Terms: Schweizerische Bundesbahnen
- Geographic Terms: United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Government policies; Governmental processes; National transportation policies
- Subject Areas: Economics; Law; Policy; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00396435
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1985 12:00AM