ANNUAL TRANSPORTATION CONVENTION. 1983. VOLUME 1
JAARLIKSE VERVOERWESEKONVENSIE, 1983
Partial contents: Economic principles involved in transport subsidies; Transport subsidy--origins, aims, achievements and future; The nature of transport policy in South Africa; National transport policies in overseas countries; Transport investment policy and economic development; The case for market freedom in South African transport-a private sector viewpoint of transport policy; Transport problems in South Africa; Industrial relations in the passenger transport industry; The role, issues and suggested principles concerning urban transportation in South Africa; Economic efficiency in transport; Deregulation and the economic allocation of transport resources; Perceived cost and the economy aspect of the quality of service; Economic evaluation of transportation projects; Cost/benefit analysis of a road construction program; and Design speed, speed limit and costs on rural freeways.
- See also PB83-165290 and PB85-154235.
British Standards InstitutionLondon W1A 2BS England
, United States
- Publication Date: 1983
- Pagination: 468 p.
- TRT Terms: Mathematical models; Public transit; Subsidies; Transportation planning; Travel demand; Urban transportation
- Subject Areas: Finance; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00396419
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: CSIR-S-316-VOL-1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Sep 30 1985 12:00AM