FRONT END STRUCTURES CRASH RESPONSE CHARACTERIZATION
This paper summarized the results of a research program to develop and improve methods for characterizing automobile front end structures. Computer simulations of each structure and crash environment were conducted using an existing computer simulation program. Two front end structures, a ramped fixed-force system and a variable stroke velocity-sensitive system, were incorporated into bogey vehicles which were crash-tested into a rigid barrier, a variable barrier, each other, and production vehicle front structures. These test results provided data by which computer simulation of the crash conditions were verified. /SAE/
- Presented at the 3rd International Conference on Occupant Protection.
New York, NY United States 10017
- SHAW, L M
- Brammeier, G F
- Anderson, R L
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Crash injury research; Crashes; Impact tests; Research; Simulation; Vehicle front end
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00080520
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 740571, SAE p-53
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 6 1975 12:00AM