SAFETY BELT PROMOTION PROGRAM FOR HEADQUARTERS EMPLOYEES
Approximately 3,000 cars park at the Department of Transportation Headquarters facilities each day. During December 1982, safety belt use by occupants of these cars stood at 23%. Six months later, belt use had risen to over 60%. More than 40 previous non-belt users reported that they were spared death or serious injury because they were wearing belts at the time of a highway crash. This paper describes the DOT program and should serve as an aid to other governmental agencies who wish to promote the use of belts by their employees.
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1984-11
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 35 p.
- TRT Terms: Employee participation; Manual safety belts; Promotion; Utilization
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors; I83: Accidents and the Human Factor;
- Accession Number: 00396286
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: HS-806 625
- Files: HSL, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Aug 31 1985 12:00AM