DEVELOPMENT OF ENERGY-ABSORBING SAFETY BELT WEBBING
In regard to the dynamic performance of the webbing, the quantity of absorbed impact energy and the rate of absorbing energy were obtained and compared through tests at various impact speeds. Dummy tests were conducted in our laboratories to compare the improved Takata energy- absorbing (EA) webbing with conventional webbing. The results showed the conspicuous superiority of the Takata webbing over the conventional types. Using our improved webbing, two live human volunteers were able to successfully complete tests at impact speeds of 30.3 and 30.4 mph without injury or pain. /SAE/
- Presented at the 3rd International Conference on Occupant Protection.
New York, NY United States 10017
- Takada, J
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Constraints; Energy absorption; Impact tests; Loads; Webbing
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00080511
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 740581, SAE P-53Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 6 1975 12:00AM