STUDY ON AIR BAG SYSTEMS FOR NISSAN SMALL-SIZED CARS
This paper outlines the most important characteristics of the practical type air bag now being developed by Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. It explains the results of various occupant protection tests conducted at 16 to 64 km/h (10 to 40 mph) speeds and the related problems we have encountered. It further discusses the effects of several type of occupant protection systems installed on small-sized cars and the relationships between those effects and limited crash speeds. An examination and analysis of air bag performance test results is also included. /SAE/
- Presented at the 3rd International Conference on Occupant Protection.
New York, NY United States 10017
- ABE, F
- SATOH, S
- Publication Date: 1974
- Pagination: 21 p.
- TRT Terms: Air bags; Constraints; Impact tests; Small business; Speed
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00080510
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 740577, SAE P-53Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 6 1975 12:00AM